Switchback is committed to ensure that your information is secure and protected from all unauthorized uses. To this end, we use best industry practices and observe applicable laws and regulations. Since this Website and Services are designed to be used globally, Switchback is keen to observe the privacy and data protection laws for the time being in force in different jurisdictions including, without limitation, Canada, EU, USA, Commonwealth of Australia, and South Africa.
“Switchback”, “we”, “us”, or “our” refers to Switchback Systems Corp.
“Website” refers to URL or any other desktop, tablet or mobile phone applications made available by Switchback or any other app store.
“Personal Information” refers any information that is associated with you in such a way that it may help to personally identify you including:
- Name, address, email, telephone number, IP address, geolocation data;
- Respondent’s name, account details, title, age, gender, your psychological health status, survey data (“Respondent Information”),
- Payment method, credit card information or billing information (“Billing Information”);
- Any anonymous information integrated with any part of your identifiable information; and
- Technical information about your computer, tablet or mobile, internet, or browser that may help identify you or any other information that you send us while communicating with Switchback.
“Anonymous Information” means any information cannot be used to identify you or any respondent.
“Service” refers to the Services defined under the Terms of Services.
“GDPR” refers to General Data Protection Regulations devised and adopted by the European Union.
“Applicable laws” include, but not limited to:
- PIPEDA which stands for the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, the Canadian federal privacy law governing the personal information collected, stored and used by private-sector organizations; and
- Personal Information Protection Act of British Columbia.
Collection of Information:
Subscriber’s Information. We collect your Information from the very moment you visit this Website and use our Services and keep collecting throughout your use of this Website and Services. When you create your User Account, you are required to provide the following information:
- First name and last name, contact details, phone number, email address, IP address, business name, username and password.
At the time of buying subscription, you need to provide us with your Billing Information. Your Billing Information is processed by third party provider. We don’t receive and store any credit card information.
Respondent’s Information. Respondent is required to submit his/her first and last name, username, password, job title, job level and job description. As a participant of the survey, the Respondent needs to give responses to the survey questions. Though the responses are associated with the identifiable information of the Respondents, but, subject to the confidentiality provisions, we don’t share any identifiable information with the Subscriber and provide only report and analysis without including, integrating and associating any identifiable information of the Respondent.
Automatic Collection. When a uses the Website and our Services, we use technology based methods to collect your geographical data, your computer, tablet, mobile, browser or internet’s technical information and such information may be integrated with any part of the Personal Information.
- We keep track of your browsing history when you use the Website;
- We may collect some anonymous data such as your browser type and time when you visit this Website;
Purposes of Information:
- To conduct surveys of the Respondents;
- To provide you with quality Services;
iii. To provide you access to the Website and Services;
- To keep records of subscriptions and payments;
- To improve and optimize the Website and Services and tailoring them to your needs;
- To impose security measures on the Website and Services;
vii. To compile, store, analyze and use information;
viii. To notify you of any latest development or offers are available;
- To deliver you the survey results and reports;
- To communicate you in connection with the provision of the Services;
- To meet any of your requests;
xii. To prevent fraudulent and illegal activities;
xiv. To comply with any legal requirements.
Scope of Disclosure of Information:
- To our subsidiaries entities and employees who are bound by a valid non-disclosure agreement to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and use only for the contemplated purposes on the need-to know basis;
- To any competent court or public body in compliance with the applicable laws;
iii. To any appropriate authority or person when we have reason to believe in good faith that such disclosure is required to protect our rights, report or investigate fraud, or comply with a direction of any legitimate authority;
- To our internal record keeper to perform any task essential to the provision of the Services;
- To our internal staff to maintain the financial and business record, accounts and reports; and
- To any payment processing service provider.
No information may be used and disclosed in excess of the purposes for which it has been collected. For instance, survey results and reports shall be disclosed to the Subscriber or any authorized person without including any identifiable information of the Respondents.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPRs):
Switchback is determined to make it sure that your information is secure and protected from all unauthorized uses and accidents to the extent possible. To this end, we employ best industry practices and observe applicable laws and regulations of the relevant jurisdictions. Since the Website and Services are designed to reach to the Users in the Europe, Switchback is supposed to observe the GDPRs.
The GDPR seeks to provide the EU citizens with more control over their information collected, stored and used by local and foreign organizations. To this end, Switchback has allocated modern and up to date resources to safeguard and protect the Information, provide training to our staff to ensure the compliance of the GDPR and provide rights and control to the EU citizen in connection with their data as required under the GDPR. We have reviewed the privacy practices of our third party service providers and use the services of only those providers who are compliant with the GDPR.
As EU citizen, you have the following rights under the GDPR:
- The right to be informed about the way Information is collected, processed or used;
- The right of access to Information;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to seek deletion of Information permanently;
- The right to limit processing of Information;
- The right to data portability, transfer from one organization to another;
- The right to object to the processing of Information; and
- Rights as to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any query or request to enforce your rights under the GDPR, please contact us through (email@example.com).
This Website is not intended to be used by any child below the age of eighteen (18) years, unless you are emancipated child. We don’t collect the information from a minor knowingly. If you are a minor and use this Website or any of the Services, you shall be deemed as if you are not minor. If you have knowledge that any minor has given us any information, or we collect it unknowingly, we request you to make us know to delete such information from our database.
Security of Information:
We use physical, technical and administrative safeguards of industry standards to protect the integrity, security and confidentiality of your Personal Information. The transfer of your payment details is protected by highly efficient security protocols such as SSL. Your payment related details are handled by third party payment transfer service providers. We cannot guarantee that your Personal Information is 100% secure due to the fact that internet is not a fully secure environment.
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO THEFT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, DISCLOSURE, DESTRUCTION, ALTERATION, AND MISUSED DUE TO ANY ACCIDENTAL OR ILLEGAL BREACH OF OUR SECURITY MEASURES. THERE ARE CERTAIN RISKS INHERENTLY INVOLVE, SIMILAR TO OTHER WEBSITE, IN THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE. SUCH RISKS MAY INCLUDE (i) FAILURE, INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, DISTORTIONS, OR OTHER ISSUES IN THE COMMUNICATION RESULTING FROM ANY FAILURE OF INTERNET TRANSMISSION, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND EQUIPMENT CONFIGURATION; (ii) BREACH OF CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF YOUR COMMUNICATION DUE TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, INTERCEPTION OR LOSS.
To the extent permitted by any applicable laws, we own no responsibility arising from any breach of the security and confidentiality of your information.
You are requested to keep your Information up to date. You may update your Information by logging in to your User Account and changing account settings in the prescribed manner. You may close your User Account at any time by notifying us through support. Once you close your User Account, all information shall be deleted from our system forever.
Your information is currently stored in our contractors’ facilities in Canada and USA. We may at any time transfer to any other country of our choice without any notification to you; provided that such transfer shall not be taken place unless the recipient country has the laws providing substantially same level of protection to your Information as the Canadian laws do.
Third Party Website Links:
Our Website may contain links to third party website. Such website links are displayed with the belief that they may be useful for you. They are not affiliated with us and, hence, we own no responsibility for their use of your information that may be collected when you click on such third party websites. We strongly advise you in your own interests to determine the potential threats before using such third party website or any services available on such websites.
Last Updated Date:
Dec 5, 2018